Friday, February 25, 2011

The birth of iPishing?

I've been curious how good the sound quality is on my iPhone so ... I installed a birdsong app and tested it in the field today. I was able to call in a male Northern Cardinal and a male Golden-fronted Woodpecker by playing Their respective bird songs. I admit I was completely surprised when the card landed 3 feet from the phone! He listened intently cocking his head as he looked for the source.
The woodpecker wasn't as close but just as curious as he looked about. He finally retreated to the orange half feeder for a bit then took his leave.
I have to say this experiment was a success! It's amazing what we can do today with new mobile technology from the field. This blog post is also being sent from the field from a blog app.
Now ... If I can just capture hi-res photos or video!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Del Rio Blvd,Quemado,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment